Haibara is shorter than most of the soccer team and has brown hair. He also has brown eyes.
Haibara lacks self confidence, since he has a small body, unlike Mizuki and Usui. He only became a regular when the previous upper classmen retired. Even though he is an important part of Seiseki's strong position, he is still unconfident.
On Episode 15, Haibara was put as the only upperclassman against a team of freshmen, with Tsukamoto being moved to centre back.
As a short player, he relies on his brains to survive. He reviews each game tape three times to analyze the game. He also has found a skillset unique to him, and he hoped Tsukamoto can find one for himself.
Also, when Tsukamoto was put in as a centre back, Haibara made him realize the importance of defense and a defender's mindset, which would serve him well as a forward.
Despite making many runs down the right flank, he is the only person who can survive the full 120 minutes (including extra time).
Haibara and Mizuki have a close relationship. Haibara can be seen scolding Mizuki for catching him practicing his kicking with Tsukushi, even beginning to climb the fence of the field to stop him. When Mizuki scores a goal during the Saku High game, Haibara hugs him, jumping onto him, and wrapping his legs around his waist.
Haibara and Inohara have a close relationship. As right back and goalie, respectively, the two typically work together in games and can be seen together outside of club activities. After losing to Saku, Inohara places a comforting hand on Haibara's head as he sobs.
- Haibara dislikes the smell of deodorant.
- Haibara's favorite quote is "Moving like the lightning, speaking like the storm," which is a quote about samurai Takasugi Shinsaku.
- On average, Haibara takes 30 minutes to comb his hair.
- Haibara has 12 songs in his karaoke repertoire.
- Haibara is ranked number 1 for the 1000 meter run at 3:02.
- Haibara's average gameplay is 3 hours.
- He currently is exchanging letters with a girlfriend.