Kazuhiko Katō (加藤 一彦 Katō Kazuhiko) is the captain of Ryouzan High School and Champions of the Summer Inter High Schools Tournament.
As captain of the Kings, he's got good leadership and grit, who can even get supporters to make their voices louder to change a bad atmosphere, which gives the title of the "King" of High School Soccer. He's also got a awesome attitude which can be seen when he goes to the Seiseki Locker Room congratulating Seiseki in their victory against his team.
Another of the "top ten" players (of which his team has other two). He has been a regular at Ryouzan since his 1st year. Katou is boasted as the best high school defensive midfielder and likely the best player overall, which has granted him a seat in the National team of his category. He's well known for his stamina and his tireless leadership and grit, with rivals commenting on how his face would show up anywhere around the pitch, a result of his tireless energy and his superb understanding of plays, characteristics that other players see as well on Tsukushi, with Jin suggesting Tsukushi that Katou is the player that he should try and look after.
- Likes: Jounetsu Tairiku (a popular interview tv show from Japan) and Disneyland.
- Dislikes: Eggplant.
- Special skill: Cleabing with cloths and beard care.
- Favorite saying: "There is one single thread binding my way together."
- The name Kazuhito means "one" (一) (kazu) and "boy, prince" (彦) (hito).
- Kazuhito's surname Katō means "add, increase" (加) (ka) and "wisteria" (藤) (tō).
- Katou seems to have a strong Kansai accent.